Sunday, February 12, 2006

Fire & Rain


Today we're meeting with our glass chapter, "Fire & Rain". I feel so fortunate to live in an area where we have so much talent! Emmett Hollander has offered his studio to us today. Emmett is primarily a boro artist so it gives many of us a chance to see and work with another type of glass.

This week has been extraordinarily busy for some reason. I managed to get over to Glass Expressions to see Kathy Johnson. What another talented woman! I traded her an organic electroform for one of her beautiful horses.


I've got a cool bumpy ring bead electroforming in the bath and I've been playing with some huge lentil presses I've gotten lately. Finding the time is always a challenge but I don't think I'd want to live without glass in my life right now. There are several upcoming "enter your photos" things coming up. Must carve out time to do that. I don't enter those exhibitions and publications things out of an egotistical reason. It's just that I ask myself, what good are all these things sitting on my dining room table of no one sees them = -)

Gotta run - the sun's shining. There are so many things to do!


Janelle

No comments:

Post a Comment